question

casey avatar image
casey asked

Digital Multi Control GX w/ remote on/off

I have a DMC that I was hoping to use with my Multiplus, and later a Quattro when I upgrade. However, I am using 2 remotes from my BMS - one to turn off the charging when the battery is full or when it's too cold, and another to disconnect load if the battery gets too low. I came across this is the Multiplus manual though: "Only one remote control can be connected, i.e. either a switch or a Multi control panel."

Strangely, that does not seem to be mentioned in the Quattro or DMC manuals, but I presume the limitation is the same for the Quattro.

I wanted to confirm whether there was no way to use both together. My expectation was that the BMS remote on/off would override whatever was set on the DMC remote, which would be ideal. I can wire simple switches in line with the BMS remote to get remote switches for the inverter and charger, but I was really hoping to have the input current adjuster on the DMC available to use, since otherwise I have to connect a computer to MK3 to change the setting.

I'm curious to hear any feedback/ideas. Is there any way to have both BMS remote on/off control and ability to adjust input limit without using a computer to do it?

Digital Multi Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
casey avatar image
casey answered ·

I misunderstood the comment in the manual. “Switch” in this context refers only to the connection terminal H, not BMS remote switching. I tested it out and the if the BMS remote being off won’t allow the DMC to turn it on, exactly as I’d hoped.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bathnm avatar image bathnm commented ·

Creasey, Is your BMS connected using the two wire BMS Assistant?

0 Likes 0 ·
casey avatar image casey bathnm commented ·

Yes, I am using that assistant and have aux1 assigned to allow the BMS to disable the charger when the battery is full or it is too cold, and aux2 assigned to allow the BMS to disable the inverter if the battery state of charge drops too low. If the appropriate aux circuit is open, the charger or inverter will remain or turn off despite whatever the DMC switch says should be on.

This is exactly what I had hoped for - BMS protecting the battery, a remote switch for the inverter/charger, and the ability to dial in the input limit.

Here is the part of the manual that threw me off - it took me a couple more reads to see the note in parentheses about Appendix A:

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic