question

dannyboy-123 avatar image
dannyboy-123 asked

Connecting solar to VRM

Hi I have a new boat with 2 x 8 panel Panasonic 245w Solars going into 2 x 250/100 MPPT and 2 banks of 460 watt 6 volt batteries so 2 banks of 24volt.

I have a 712 blue and a colour control but it wont show my solar input on the colour control or my DC load.

I have seen others that show a lot more than mine?.

Would this be a?setting problem or do I need to purchase more cables etc.

I have venus and 8000kva 24volt quattro

Digital Multi Control
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dannyboy-123 avatar image dannyboy-123 commented ·

Csnt add pictures. Please email me so I can send to you to see if I need more cables please

dannybrooks1963@googlemail.com

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Danny, welcome aboard.

Run through your wiring for starters. Assuming CCGX, the one with a screen.

* VE.Direct cable from 712 to GX.

* VE.Direct cable from 1x mppt to GX. You're now out of VE.Direct ports on the GX.

* VE.Direct to USB adaptor cable from 2nd mppt to GX usb port. All Victron cables.

There's more, but not relevant to your missing data. If that's all in place, then the issue is likely settings. Other access options exist too, but I won't ramble on at this stage. Maybe confirm..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dannyboy-123 answered ·

Hi thanks for getting back to me I will try and attach a couple of pictures. Many thanks

2 |3000

dannyboy-123 answered ·

here is a picture of my controller

2 |3000

dannyboy-123 answered ·

I have a 712 and 2 x mppt's

2 comments
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

This pic indicates one missing wire at least. It just catches one of the VE.Direct ports on the rear of the CCGX, and I'd expect it to be used under 'normal' circumstances in your case. Compare with the pic of the rear of the CCGX in this link: https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-BMV-712-Smart-EN.pdf

Seems the installer didn't have the correct cables and 'forgot' to finish it.. ?

0 Likes 0 ·
dannyboy-123 avatar image dannyboy-123 JohnC ♦ commented ·

Many thanks. Think I need to to back to them and ask

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic