question

BigniceJohn avatar image
BigniceJohn asked

How to connect new digital controller to old non-ve multi

I am replacing a Victron 24/16 charger with a charger/inverter. It is a NOS Phoenix 24/3000/70 with 1740133.HEX firmware. I found it locally at a chandlery and it is NOS, never installed, but dusty...

I installed and setup the charger/inverter today. It works fine. The device is in the back of the engine room and I want a remote for it. I ordered one online as in the subject line.

The controller is replacing the old Phoenix charger controller that worked. The CAT6 RJ45 cable is good. I read in the manual to contact Victron for info in connecting to non-VE Multi's. The Victron website directs me here. Anyone have an idea?

Digital Multi Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

These older units are the same as the Multiplus as far as I know, so best to update it to the latest firmware to start with, (you will need a MK3 to do this) and the standard RJ45 cable is fine.

Maybe you should look at a CCGX for the remote control as I will also give you heaps of oither information

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

BigniceJohn avatar image BigniceJohn commented ·

I have the inverter and I have the GX. I just want to make these work. I don't need more data from the system. My main need is to be able to limit charging current when I am at anchor and want to run my little portable generator to recharge.

0 Likes 0 ·
decp avatar image decp BigniceJohn commented ·

Hi BigniceJohn, I saw your post on the old Multiplus with CCGX. You posted "I completed the setup, turned all of the dip switches off, plugged in the GX, held the button for 3 seconds and It fired up "

What button for 3 seconds??

Cheers

Decp

0 Likes 0 ·
BigniceJohn avatar image
BigniceJohn answered ·

I have figured this out. I have never installed a Victron inverter and did not know how the setup was to be done with dip switches and buttons. I completed the setup, turned all of the dip switches off, plugged in the GX, held the button for 3 seconds and It fired up. Great little control panel. I like that the lights dim on their own.

1 comment
2 |3000

BigniceJohn avatar image BigniceJohn commented ·

The button I pressed is the "Configuration Button" on the back of the GX. The GX is a "Digital Multi Control GX Panel"

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic