question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.60~41 available for testing

Good day all,

Since yesterday end of day, v2.60~41 is available for field testing. Various more improvements - details below.

This post is intended for all people participating in the Venus OS Beta test program.

Changes since v2.60~39

• Detect BlueNova batteries as well as enforce good settings for them (DVCC = on; SVS = off; STS = off)
  • EM24-ethernet meters: various improvements and changes to that driver.
  • Add support for newly used USB controller IC in the 2nd generation Zigbee controller (DRF2658C)
  • PV Inverter & Modbus-TCP settings menus: restore the edit with the middle button, otherwise a manually added ip-address cannot be edited. Broken somewhere during v2.60 development.
  • Fix ESS Multi-phase handling popup being shown on the old value of the setting rather than the new value. Broken during v2.60 development. Thank you @jfleissner for noticing this.
  • Fix Multi on/off issue in combination with MFD App, as reported by @Scuba Shan. Thank you!. Broken during v2..60 development.

Complete preliminary v2.60 change log

Highlights of v2.60 are the new ESS Feed-in limiter, new Ethernet connected energy meters, better tank monitoring as well as much improved NMEA2000-out feature and other changes mostly benefited from by our Marine customers. Full change log in this PDF:

Venus OS - firmware changelog - v2.60 beta version.pdf
(updated to v2.60~41)

Next steps (same as last time)

We are still finding and fixing various small issues. Once stabilised we'll release v2.60. Everyone here is really keen to do so, its time to start working on something fresh again! And.. its time have all the new features finished & available ofcourse. Which means maybe next week, maybe one more week, or even longer in case something serious shows up - hopefully not.

Conclusion

All the best, and thank you all for helping with this. Even though v2.60 is taking a long time I ám very happy with how the field testing is going. Its quite smooth & efficient; and really of extreme value for us in increasing Venus OS quality.

Matthijs

Venus OS
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

FYI just now I uploaded a new condensed changelog, updated to v2.60~41.

0 Likes 0 ·
girbar avatar image girbar mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi. After this update last night on a scheduled charge, the battery stayed at 99% and a voltage of 59V (AGM 48V). After canceling the programmed load and having consumption in the house, it was set to 100% and the voltage dropped to its normal value. It takes a long time to go to the floating state and many times it does not change (google translator).

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
natebert avatar image
natebert answered ·

I notice a slight dependency in the MFD app, not sure if this is new with this release.

The AC Loads indicates 2 phases (this is a two phase system) and I would consider this correct behavior.
The Grid Input however indicates 3 phases and only 2 are listed (which is correct).

capture.png (99.4 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Natebert, thank you! confirmed, and planned to be fixed. No longer in v2.60 but a later version.

details here in case you're interested. https://github.com/victronenergy/venus-html5-app/issues/149

0 Likes 0 ·
CristiMV avatar image CristiMV commented ·

Hi. Can you please help me with the link for the page above? The CCGX IP address + some variables, but I don't remember anymore. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Ole Saether avatar image Ole Saether CristiMV commented ·

The address is: <ccgx ip address>/app

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ CristiMV commented ·

@cristimv

or:

http://venus.local/app

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources