question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.60~39 available for testing

Goodmorning!

Yesterday we made v2.60~39 available for testing.

A few more improvements, most importantly one for the "UI gets stuck on the overview" complaint, see below.

This post is intended for all people participating in the Venus OS Beta test program.

Changes since v2.60~38

• Hopefully fix the "UI gets stuck on the overview" bug. And if not fixed, then at least the logging is a lot better which will help us find the root cause. Therefore: if you have had this issue regularly, please let us know if now its gone. And, if you still have it, also lets us know - because then we'll be very keen to login remotely and analyse the logs. This bug has been in Venus OS for a long time, maybe for ever, but only uncovered after fixing another one recently - in v2.57.
  • Add the missing % sign to the keyboard on the Cerbo GX & CanVU GX - needed in case a wifi password contains that character. Thank you @Robert Cook for reporting.
  • EM24 Ethernet meter: fix stalled readings happening sometimes - thank you @Niek H. for reporting.
  • VE.Bus Inverter/Chargers & Inverters: Remove the decimals from the battery temperature display.

Complete preliminary v2.60 change log

Highlights of v2.60 are the new ESS Feed-in limiter, new Ethernet connected energy meters, better tank monitoring as well as much improved NMEA2000-out feature and other changes mostly benefited from by our Marine customers. Full change log in this PDF:

Venus OS - firmware changelog v2.60-37 beta version.pdf

Next steps

We are still finding and fixing various small issues. Once stabilised we'll release v2.60. Everyone here is really keen to do so, its time to start working on something fresh again! And.. its time have all the new features finished & available ofcourse. Which means maybe next week, maybe one more week, or even longer in case something serious shows up - hopefully not.

All the best, Matthijs

Venus OS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

niek-h avatar image niek-h commented Ā·

Hi. @mvader

All seems stable at the moment with .39 installed.

cheers!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
8 Answers
takartrans avatar image
takartrans answered Ā·

Hi,

I would like to ask, that why is SOLAR EDGE sometimes in and sometimes out of control planel ? Sometimes I can see that solar edge panel is connected to the Victron Venus but in other case its missing. Is it something wrong? I have restarted the system, but its the same. Can we do smth with that?

Thank you :)

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi. I don't know. You're now asking your question in the beta field test group. Are you aware you are running beta software?

To help, please install official firmware, see if that works better. Then install beta firmware again, see how that works. And in case there is an issue in the beta firmware, report back here and inform us (A) the official version used to test and the result, (B) the beta firmware used to test and the result, and (C) Solar edge version and how the solar edge is connected.

It sounds like this can also be a WiFi issue for example, ie a network connection issue between the GX Device and the Solar Edge.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
takartrans avatar image
takartrans answered Ā·

Kƶszƶnƶm a vĆ”laszt, de sajnos sajnos ez a tanĆŗsĆ­tott vĆ”ltozatban is megtƶrtĆ©nt, Ć©s nem tudom miĆ©rt. NĆ©ha nĆ©hĆ”ny napra nincs rendben, nĆ©ha a kapcsolat sok napra elveszik.

2 |3000

jfleissner avatar image
jfleissner answered Ā·

Hi!

The explanation/ note in "Settings - ESS - MultiPhaseRegulation" seems wrong. "Total of all phases" gets the remark of beeing less efficient and "individual phase" gets the remark of potentially illegal. Should it not be the exact opposite?

Johannes

2 comments
2 |3000

Mark avatar image Mark ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hello @jfleissner,

The 2 notification messages are actually correct, but it looks like you found a bug regarding when they are displayed.

When you change between 'Individual phase' and 'Total of all phases' it currently (incorrectly) displays the notification message for the previous state.

But if you select the desired option again (a 2nd time) the correct notification will be displayed.

Thanks for bringing this bug to our attention, it will need to be corrected.

The correct message usage is shown below:

Total of all phases

Individual phase

0 Likes 0 Ā·
1598067723807.png (31.2 KiB)
1598067745456.png (30.5 KiB)
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi both, thanks! Noted and fixed in the code - you'll see it in the next release candidate.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
texdoe avatar image
texdoe answered Ā·

Hi, why is the max. voltage in the multiplus 16volt but in the charge controllers 17volts. This is an error in the multiplus. Can you bring a fix out for the multiplus?

Thx Tex

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @TexDoe most likely due to hardware limitations. Not all products allow the same configurations.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
machined avatar image
machined answered Ā·

The PV Charger field isn't showing the correct solar reading on the Page display. For instance on the Pages display it will say 720w but if you go in the settings and calculate the total solar brought in by the three mppts its 742w. There seems to be 20+ watts that are not accounted for.

1 comment
2 |3000

Short answer: There is nothing wrong here, A small discrepancy (in your case, <5%) is normal and should be expected in fact.

Longer answer:

It is rare to have PV power values that are completely stable. They change a little bit all the time. You would have to be very fast to add them up, change screens, and still be in time to see the total value from the same measurements.

The total values, as shown on the Overview, is also only recalculated once a second and therefore the figures for the individual solar chargers may not be from the same instant in time as the total value on the Overview. They may in fact be up to a second older already.

Finally, the individual values shows the total yield on the PV side, while the Overview shows the power on the battery side plus any loads on the load output of the MPPTs (for models so equipped). A small loss is normal and expected in any MPPT.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
As avatar image
As answered Ā·

Hi together,

ı update today my CCGX to the newest firmware 39.

after now I see that the output frequency is around 53 Hz.

At the moment I do not have any PV Inverter running which require the freq shifting.

It is off at the moment

How can I reduce the freq to 50 hz back?

Thx, BR

HuHu

1598362926621.png (9.2 KiB)
1598363024454.png (14.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Hi Huhu,

I checked, and your system booted into ~39 on 2020-08-25 10:22:29

And the inverter/charger started increasing its output frequency on 2020-08-25 11:09:32.

I don't immediately see how they can be related. But what I do know is this one:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:pv-inverter-support#q1_-_the_system_is_locked_to_53_hz_and_does_not_resume

I hope that helps!?

Matthijs

0 Likes 0 Ā·
cookinwitdiesel avatar image
cookinwitdiesel answered Ā·

Does this include the Cerbo GX VRM Portal ID fix that was introduced in v2.58 mainstream release?

7 comments
2 |3000

Hi, yes absolutely it does include that.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
cookinwitdiesel avatar image cookinwitdiesel mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Woohoo, got my prettier MPPT graphic back :D

0 Likes 0 Ā·
cookinwitdiesel avatar image cookinwitdiesel mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Any plans to address the Device ID problem in the GX devices and VRM? This is the result of nothing other than updating my GX (2x now). Nothing was powered down, nothing was plugged/unplugged. This is a highly annoying problem and makes using VRM much less convenient. If it helps, the ve.direct devices are all connected via USB through a powered hub.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
vrm-issue.jpg (222.5 KiB)
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ cookinwitdiesel commented Ā·

Hey Cookinwithdie, this can only happen on connections made through USB. The onboard VE.Direct interfaces will never have this issue.

And for the USB ones I am surprised it happens. Iā€™ll discuss internally and revert.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi, I looked into this - and we canā€™t explain why (in some cases) this gets reorganised after a firmware update. There is no reason for it to happen.

but then again, I know its not rock solid either. I do understand thats it creates a mess on VRM.

For v2.70 weā€™re planning to have an improvement for this; which makes it rock solid.

Meanwhile the option is to either stick to the installed version, or accept the re-arranginng. Or, in case it does reorganises, try and mess/play with the wires to get it how it was before the update.

Note that all above is only for usb-connected ve.direct products. Not for VE.Can, and not for connections to the built-in VE.Direct ports either.

0 Likes 0 Ā·

What is the projected time frame for v2.70 and when do you expect betas to become available for testing?

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ cookinwitdiesel commented Ā·

Too early to tell - sorry.

but, a few months at least, to be realistic

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Mark avatar image
Mark answered Ā·

Hi all ive just noticed that custom tank resistance setting has gone. I switched back ~38 and its there. Funny thing is that in ~39 the reading is still correct on the tank level. So I believe its just the menu option missing in the gui.

Thanks Mark

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi Mark, ok thank you, we'll double check.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
jeroen avatar image jeroen ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hello Mark, which site / kind of device does this happen on? It works fine, here. The resistance settings are only shown when Standard is set to Custom. Can you check if that is the case?

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Related Resources