question

corey-frazer avatar image
corey-frazer asked

Phoenix Multi control and a MultiPlus 3000

I have just bought a Phoenix Multi Control on eBay and have connected it to my MultiPlus 12v 3000 but it doesn't work. I have disconnected the DC power to the MultiPlus and tried again. I have also changed the cable but still not working.

I am trying to work out if the problem is with the MultiPlus or the remote. All other functions on the Multi are working fine. I have not had it connected to a remote before.

There is a soft 'clunk' sound from the MultiPlus when I switch it on via the remote, but it doesn't actually turn the inverter on properly. There is a similar sound when it is turned off. Is there a digital/analouge difference in technology with the Phoenix Multi control that's not compatible with the MultiPlus?

Grateful for any advice.

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerPhoenix Inverter
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

zzz avatar image zzz commented ·

I'm facing the same problem, did you find a solution?

All the best

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

The Phoenix multi control is NOT compatible with a Multiplus units, A Multiplus is a Inverter and a charger in one unit a Phoenix is a Inverter only.

Thus that remote will not work on a Multiplus Unit

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

zzz avatar image zzz commented ·

Sorry to reask, I have bougth the same combination, PHOENIX MULTI CONTROL with a MultiPlus 12|3000|120 firmware xxx1xx. They were used in an expensive transmission car of an official broadcaster.

I am sure they worked together there but when I bougth it the cables were cut and partially removed. Now I'm facing the same problem and observed the same behaviour.

Could it be that a specific cable is needed?

Connecting the Multi Plus with an MK3-USB works well. Also the manual mentions a Multi Control panel in chapter 4.4.4.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
josmeijer avatar image
josmeijer answered ·

first I like to debunk the idea that the "phoenix" is an inverter and thus the multi control is etc...

The Phoenix Multi control is, as you can see in the adjoined picture, particularly made for remote control of the Phoenix Multi inverter/charger series (and all other VE bus inverter/chargers.

That explains the right row of leds that are particularly for the charging part of this multi's. In fact, as you see, the leds on the panel replicate the leds on the multi (though mirrored).

I have one that worked like charm with two Phoenix 3000 multi in parallel.

The bad news is that, though the indication leds and current limiter still work, there is some software issue that causes the Venus GX in my system to take over the control over the on/off switch. So when I switch that off, the inverters stay off if you turn the switch back on again. There is a screen in the VRM remote console to switch the inverters on/off with tickboxes. But that screen is blocked when a VE bus multicontrol is sensed on the VE bus.

So I end up with a dead ship and the only way tot get it back to life is: breaking the power to the Venus GX, disconnecting the Phoenix Multi control, putting the supply back on the Venus GX and ticking the "on" box in the inverter remote screen of the Remote Panel.

Then I can reconnect the Phoenix Multi control and try not to accidentally touch the switch again.

Anyway, if you only have a multi 3000 and the panel and connect them with a standard RJ45 network patchcable it should work.

If you have a color control, VenusGX or the new device which' name momentarily slipped my mind, you might be in for issues.

multiplus-12-3000-120-50-front-300dpi.jpg

phoenix-multicontrol-16.jpg

2 |3000