question

svsimple avatar image
svsimple asked

Skylla-IP44 Charger Profiles & Integration

I have recently installed a Cerbo GX and 4 x SmartSolar MPPT controllers (75/15).

I also have two BMV-712 monitors.

I would like to replace my current battery chargers (non-Victron) with two Skylla-IP44 units.

1. I'd like to know if the Cerbo GX can control these units to coordinate charging with the solar controllers when I have AC power as well.

2. Also, do the Skylla-IP44 chargers use battery temperature and voltage information from the BMV selected in the Cerbo GX?

The reason I am replacing my current chargers (2 x ProMariner 1260P units) is because I have Firefly batteries that perform best where I can dump as much current into them as possible during the bulk phase of the charge cycle. This means as much current until the get to 14..4V, then slowly back off amps during the absorption phase. The ProMariner starts backing off the current when the batteries reach 13.8V, so it not only takes a LOT longer to charger, it can also damage the batteries over a long period.

So the question relates to this is... does anyone know if the Skylla-IP44 will put in all 60A it is capable of until the battery reaches the limit set for Bulk/Absorption?

Thanks!

Skylla
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
svsimple avatar image
svsimple answered ·

Can anyone from Victron help with the above?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic