question

miami337 avatar image
miami337 asked

Cerbo GX temperature probe - how to change from celsius to Fahrenheit?

I have added the proper Victron temp probe to my Cerbo GX. It shows fine in the remote console, but it only shows as Celsius and I'm not able to find where to change that to Farenheit. Any suggestions?

I also can't figure out how to enable the temp probe on the "advanced" page to actually show a chart of the data, it's only showing in the device list now.

Thanks for the assistance!

cerbo gx
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ur12vman avatar image ur12vman commented ·

Looking for this myself, can't find it anywhere in the menus.

0 Likes 0 ·
miami337 avatar image miami337 ur12vman commented ·

I'm still stumped, if you solve the mystery let me know!

0 Likes 0 ·
ur12vman avatar image ur12vman miami337 commented ·

Ok, I found some answers. To get the temp to show on the VRM advanced page in a graph, click on the 3 sliders in the top right corner of that page, "widgets" i think you can figure it out from there. To change to F in VRM, click "back" in the VRM top left corner window until you see "profile" then click "profile" again, temp units is at the bottom of that page. Should have been in "settings" and should also be on the Cerbo settings menu as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
ur12vman avatar image ur12vman ur12vman commented ·

Stuck the temp sensor #25 in the freezer, fast drop. 24 is next to the cerbo, going to put it in the engine room later.

0 Likes 0 ·
1598129445971.png (106.4 KiB)
miami337 avatar image miami337 ur12vman commented ·

I had tried previously to enable them in widgets but I didn't see how to enable it. I've done it now, thanks for the tip. I notice you have the same glitch that I do - it's displaying temp in Fahrenheit on the graph but under Temp it's showing the value for Celsius.

Thanks again -

0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
ur12vman avatar image
ur12vman answered ·

From my installation, I click the Back link

1641785191623.png

Then I get this page

1641785242623.png

and click profile

1641785355384.png

now click profile again and scroll down that page to get here.

Its the same page where you would change your password, its your main VRM profile and should set preferences for every install you view.

1641785473888.png

I hope this gets you there ok.

1641785191623.png (234.4 KiB)
1641785242623.png (197.1 KiB)
1641785355384.png (208.1 KiB)
1641785473888.png (317.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

burnttech avatar image
burnttech answered ·

The temp number is off in the VRM which appears the conversation is being done to second time

18C to 64.4F (or display in VRM just switches out the C to F)

Also I can't seem to get the Cerbo GX screen to display Fahrenheit

2 |3000

Teun Lassche avatar image
Teun Lassche answered ·

@BurntTech @Ur12VMan Thanks! This was a bug in the VRM portal and is now fixed

1 comment
2 |3000

burnttech avatar image burnttech commented ·

Can you check if there is an option or feature request to fix the cerbo gx display only doing Celsius? My wife isn't good at in her head converting C to F :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
mcornforth avatar image
mcornforth answered ·

@Teun Lassche (Victron Energy Staff)

I now happily have my temperature set to ºF on the VRM Portal, but is there any way I can view it in ºF on the Touch 50 / Remote Console without having to do an offset and scale and (and still have a ºC next to the number)?

Really, I wish there was a page on the Touch 50 that would display the temperature readings (in ºF or ºC), like the forthcoming page for tank levels. Even better than that would be a fully customizable page that could include any of the available information and controls for connected gear. Am I missing how to do that or do I need to put this forward as a feature request?

2 |3000

centerisl avatar image
centerisl answered ·

@Ur12VMan you mentioned above " To change to F in VRM, click "back" in the VRM top left corner window until you see "profile" then click "profile" again, temp units is at the bottom of that page"

I cannot for the life of me find any "profile" - I get to installations...I see mine (plus another I viewed)...but this is killing me. I have the two temperature widgets enabled in Advanced (thanks for that! Totally non-obvious!) but while I can change the names on the VRM main page, changing from C to F has defeated me. Can you find this same place in the current VRM UI?

I tried looping in @m.cornforth and had a helluva time with that "@mcornforth"- finally...got a match on this with an embedded period...and I see that @Teun Lassche never responded...this does seem to be a perennial problem for us US-based folks but I won't take it personally, maybe they're targeting the Cayman Islands or Liberia who also use Fahrenheit. :)

2 |3000

centerisl avatar image
centerisl answered ·

Thank you @Ur12VMan ! I’m boggled I didn’t find that on my own!

2 |3000

Related Resources