question

southsideph avatar image
southsideph asked

Smart MPPT 100/20 In circuit without PV

I have a vehicle I use for outdoor shows throughout the year, replaced my original charge controller for MPPT 100/20.

I currently have have 2 x 12v 110AH leisure batteries connected in parallel, 1000W pure sine wave inverter and various 12V appliances including work lighting. Both Batteries are monitored by Smart Battery Sensor and networked in with MPPT 100/20

I currently have 3 charge sources - Alternator split charge system, Smart Charger for mains hook-up and and the MPPT 100/20 for solar.

I would like to simplify the wiring as it has become quite complex (messy)

1) Would there be any issues with connecting my SmartSolar MPPT 100/20 and other charge sources in parallel with the battery?

2) I do not have permanent PV connection to the MPPT 100/20, connect these as needed.

Are there likely to be any issues permanently wiring the MPPT 100/20 into the circuit and in parallel with other charge sources as above without any PV connected.

Regards

MPPT Controllersbattery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

That will not be a problem. The MPPT will just act as if it's night the whole time.
It will not be bothered by other charge sources as long as the battery is always connected. ie. switch off all charge sources bafore disconnecting the battery for whatever reason.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic