question

Odd avatar image
Odd asked

Battery charge

Hello all.

I have a victron multipluss 12 V charging at 80 amp. And a victron bluecharge 30 amp.

My battery bank is 8 *120 amp.

I have a aggregat that is 5 kW. IT only use 1.2 kW noe when charging. To charge faster can i connect mye Blue charger to the aggregatet to charge my battery faster or Will i destroy my battery.

If this is possible what is Max recomended amp to the battery. Can i use Moore chargers like 80+30+30 3 different chargers.

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

As long as total charge doesn’t exceed 2 c or 192amps in your case you will be fine.

I wouldn’t consider it the perfect solution as the other chargers might not switch to absorption at the same time, so unless you get real smart with relays and assistant in yo ur multi you might have to do some manual switching on and off.

Note: don’t assume your multi is putting out what is says on the tin, check it’s programmed correctly in victron connect or ve.configure

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Odd avatar image
Odd answered ·

Ok thanx . Then i can stop the other charger when the battery starts to get close to absorption.

2 |3000