question

chillerking avatar image
chillerking asked

Any ideas for bluetooth connection?

ENGLISH:

Hello,

I would need your help regarding the product:

SmartSolar MPPT 75/15 solar charge controller.

I can no longer get a connection with Blouthooth. The inverter is no longer showing up on any of my devices. Both in the app and in the list of devices in the bluetooth menu of the smartpohn it does not show up.
Troubleshooting auf https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/troubleshooting.html?_ga=2.251257093.266117550.1688397166-1486322676.1688397166
already worked through several times.

Inverter seems to charge without any problems.
LEDs work.

Already 2x completely disconnected from all cables and reconnected - has brought no success.
All tablets and smartphones disconnected or bluetooth off - no success.

We had no problems for 2 years. Maybe is an IOS update behind it or an update of the APP?
Anyone had have same issues in the last two month?

Did read the other Questions here, but without success.

Do you have another idea?

Thanks

Chris

GERMAN:

ich bräuchte Ihre Hilfe bezüglich des Produktes:

SmartSolar MPPT 75/15 Solarladeregler

Ich bekomme keine Verbindung mehr mit Blouthooth. Auf allen meinen Geräten wird der Wechselrichter nicht mehr angezeigt. Sowohl in der App als auch in der Liste der Geräte im Bluetooth-Menü des Smartpohnes taucht es nicht auf.
Troubleshooting auf https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/troubleshooting.html?_ga=2.251257093.266117550.1688397166-1486322676.1688397166
bereits mehrfach durchgearbeitet.

Wechselrichter scheint problemlos zu Laden.
LED funktionieren.
Bereist 2x komplett von allen Kabeln getren und wieder verbunden hat keinen Erfolg gebracht.
Alle Tablets und Smartphones getrennt bzw. bluetooth aus.

Wir hatten 2 JAhre lang keine Probleme. Vlt. steckt eine IOS Update dahinter oder ein Update der APP?

Haben Sie noch eine Idee?

Danke
Christian Keil

MPPT SmartSolarVictronConnectBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
hsteinhaus avatar image
hsteinhaus answered ·

Same problem here - one of my three SmartSolar 100/20 lost it's Bluetooth functionality from one day to the other. The device is still charging, and VE.Direct is also working. When using the VE.Direct dongle, the SmartSolar behaves like a BlueSolar without any Bluetooth module. Factory reset and firmware update did not show any effect.

BTW, The SmartSolar is intended to be used together with a mobile folding panel and the BT module probably died while the solar panel was disconnected.

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Unlikely the module died. I have quite literally seen guys blow mosfets on the mppts and BT module works.

What firmware are you running?

0 Likes 0 ·
chillerking avatar image chillerking Alexandra ♦ commented ·
In my case I allways updatet to the newest firmeware.
0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @hsteinhaus

Can you connect to the SmartSolar using the VE.Direct USB dongle and check whether there is a bluetooth on/off toggle in the product info menu and when it is visible, what its state is?

Kdin regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
hsteinhaus avatar image hsteinhaus Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

@Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) Not visible when connecting to the failed unit:

1688572979640.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1688572979640.png (192.7 KiB)
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ hsteinhaus commented ·

Hi @hsteinhaus

This means that the internal dongle is unable to communicate with MPPT part of the SmartSolar, most likely caused by a hardware failure.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
chillerking avatar image chillerking Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

@Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff)@hsteinhaus

Same here. VE.Direct-USB Cable arrived. And everything is working besides bluetooth connection:

1689265231996.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1689265231996.png (88.3 KiB)
hsteinhaus avatar image
hsteinhaus answered ·

For comparison, this is the new unit:

1688573219369.png

1688573219369.png (215.7 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

chillerking avatar image chillerking commented ·
Ok, nice. Thank you. Now I know where I will have to look. I ordered a VE.direkt USB- Cable. I will post my results than.
0 Likes 0 ·