question

justmurph avatar image
justmurph asked

Multiplus 24/5000 ignores 3 pos. remote switch

I have a Multiplus 24/5000 running on Victron lithium batteries with a VE.Bus BMS and Cerbo GX. I have wired in a 3 position switch for remotely controlling the unit, seeing as the Cerbo can't do it if you have a VE.Bus BMS.

It seems that the 3 position switch option doesn't work either. With the switch on the Multi set to ON, the unit will invert with the remote switch in either the ON or OFF position, however it will respond to the "CHARGE" position. I've checked my wiring and it's correct. You get the same behaviour with the terminal block removed completely.

Is this the same limitation of only one device being able to switch the Multi, with the BMS overruling everything else?

Would a Digital Multi Control also not work?

This seems like a pretty major oversight in the design.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerve.bus bms
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I can confirm that only "charger only" is working with a 3-way switch. A Digital Multi Control will work.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

justmurph avatar image
justmurph answered ·

Thank you Matthias. After posting this I figured the DMC would work, as it's connected directly into the BMS. But it's good to confirm it.

Cheers

2 |3000