question

arcoshi avatar image
arcoshi asked

Easy solar 1600va, cerbo gx compatibility

Hi, firstly please forgive my lack of knowledge/understanding. I’ve purchased and Easy solar 1600va, cerbo gx and gx touch 50 to fit into a van conversion. I’m now second guessing myself. Can anyone just confirm for me that the cerbo gx will connect and function with the easy solar via the VE bus connection?

cerbo gxEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Vance Mitchell avatar image
Vance Mitchell answered ·

The Easysolar is effectively a multiplus and a Bluesolar mppt combined in one housing.

Page 187 of this manual shows where the ve.bus connections for the cerbo are.

This image shows the 2 ve.bus connections clearer.

Bluesolar 100/50 manual this will show you the ve.direct connections.

You will require a ve.direct cable to connect the mppt and a rj45 utp cable (standard network cable) to connect the inverter to the cerbo.

easysolar2.jpg (81.4 KiB)
easysolari.jpg (259.1 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

arcoshi avatar image arcoshi commented ·

Thanks - I had the cover off and looked today so all makes sense. Just to double check, I see in the photo you have connected both ve bus connections (blue cable and grey cable) do they both go to the cerbo gx or have you got something else connected there as well?
really appreciate you taking the time to answer the question

0 Likes 0 ·
Vance Mitchell avatar image Vance Mitchell arcoshi commented ·

That photo is just one I found online.

You only need the one cable and it shouldn’t matter which port you use.

If I had to guess, I would say that install probably has a lithium battery with a ve.bus BMS.

0 Likes 0 ·
arcoshi avatar image arcoshi Vance Mitchell commented ·

great! Thank you very much fir your help - I feel much more confident now. I’m sure I’ll gave many more questions as I start to install every thing.

0 Likes 0 ·