question

billknny avatar image

Can I see the Multiplus Internal Temperature?

According to the spec sheet, a Multiplus will de-rate its output when the temperature exceeds 40C. Is there any way to see this is happening? Through VictornConnect? I sometimes see less than full battery charge current, and I suspect this is the cause, but can find no way to confirm.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargertemperature
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @billknny,

The internal temperature sensors readings are not visible, and at least for now it is not possible to see if the unit is de-rating itself with any software.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

billknny avatar image
billknny answered ·

Guy,

Thanks for that answer!

One thing to consider: Add a MultiPlus assistant that would allow me to turn on an external cooling fan if the internal temperature reaches the point where capacity starts to cut back. On smaller systems—like on my sailboat—an external fan can impose a significant load and it would be nice if could be turned on only when needed.

billknny avatar image
billknny answered ·

Guy,

Thanks for that answer!

One thing to consider: Add a MultiPlus assistant that would allow me to turn on an external cooling fan if the internal temperature reaches the point where capacity starts to cut back. On smaller systems—like on my sailboat—an external fan can impose a significant load and it would be nice if could be turned on only when needed.