question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.60~37 available for testing

Good day everyone,

Just now, we made v2.60~37 available to be beta tested.

Since the last version, a week ago, a few more issues were found, and now also fixed. Also, (most of) the translations are in. Depending on further findings this will be released any week now.

This post is intended for all people participating in the Venus OS Beta test program.

What to test & how to report?

The updated Marine MFD HTML5 App still needs testing. Especially on different size MFDs, ipads, phones & system configurations.

And as fixed this time, please test (and report!) if Remote VEConfigure works (again) for you.

Check if the new translations are good: for example in the DVCC menu as well as reworked ESS menu and its sub menus and also the canbus menu. If not, let us know below. Not all translators are always knowledgeable enough

Also the user interface improvements around NMEA2000-out & VE.Can/N2K Device Instance configuration would be good if they are tested. Lots of improvements and changes in v2.60, and the most recent change (in v2.60~33 iirc) was the automatic numbering of the N2K data instances for tank levels; see below for details.

If you see issues, please post a new "answer" below; or in case the same issues is already mentioned, then comment on that to say you see it too; or help, and so forth. Please do mention the Venus OS version you have installed; just to prevent confusion.

Complete v2.60 change log

As announced in my previous messages, I've been working on the complete change-log for v2.60, first version is ready. More than two pages full of changes. Attached as a PDF, see link below.

Highlights of v2.60 are the new ESS Feed-in limiter, new Ethernet connected energy meters, better tank monitoring as well as much improved NMEA2000-out feature and other changes mostly benefited from by our Marine customers.

Venus OS - firmware changelog v2.60-37 beta version.pdf

Change log since v2.60~35

• Fix issue causing the reboot button in the menu to (sometimes) not work - issue was introduced during v2.60 development.
  • Fix issue in Remote VEConfigure - broken in v2.60~33.
  • Fix incorrect DC loads power calculation when using a Phoenix VE.Direct Inverter - this never worked well; now it does.
  • Update language translations
  • Fix Shared Temperature Sense (STS) not always used to VE.Bus Inverter/chargers

All the best, Matthijs

Venus OS
15 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

venus incorrectly shows the inverter state as "sched charge" if a schedule was previously set in optimised mode and is then changed to "keep batteries charged" mode.

Should display "float"

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ nickdb ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Thank you @nickdb - weā€™ll look into that

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

fixed in ~38 - thanks gain.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
niek-h avatar image niek-h commented Ā·

I thought the stall data bug was gone but it only takes longer for the data from net to stall.{energy meter}

It freezes within roughly 1/2 hour and only can be resetted through a restart of the Venus.

Also what i noticed is that somehow my amps as shown on the BMV start to fluctuate when data freezes.Also multi reactes on that issue and fancontrol is in higher setting..After restart of venus all of that is gone.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ niek-h commented Ā·

Hi @Niek H. I found your system on VRM and see what you mean. Is it ok if we log in to further look into this? For that you'll need to enable the Settings -> General - > Remote Support feature. Thank you.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
niek-h avatar image niek-h mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi Matthijs,

done!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ niek-h commented Ā·

Thanks! And it looks to be in the bad state already - but can you confirm?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

and, is it OK if I increase your VRM Portal logging frequency from once every 15 minutes to once every minute?

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Hey @Niek H., fixed already! There was an issue indeed. We also installed the fix on your system - please keep an eye on it and let me know if all works well now.

And can you confirm that you have just one ethernet EM24 installed? As opposed to multiple?

thank you again, I'm glad we catched this before releasing, Matthijs.

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Hi Matthijs.

Yes it was frozen when you logged in.

Indeed only one energy meter installed.

all looks good now,happy.

Thanks for the help,and all good,settings fine for me.

will keep an eye

0 Likes 0 Ā·
niek-h avatar image niek-h niek-h commented Ā·

still works good

0 Likes 0 Ā·
niek-h avatar image niek-h niek-h commented Ā·

still okay

if updates are available, i can update right?

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Yes! This fix will be included in the next v2.60 beta version

0 Likes 0 Ā·

hi

can i upload a small movie somewhere?

looks like something is still off in energy figures

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Hi Niek, I'll send you an email.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
9 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered Ā·

Hi Matthijs,

in the Marine MFD App configuration it is missing Output 2 of a Phoenix Smart Charger IP43.
The App itself is showing all 3 outputs and set (in 2.60~35) names correctly.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Thank you Stefanie - will be looked into.

UPDATE: is (only) an issue in combination with a beta firmware version of the phoenix smart charger - will be fixed in future Venus OS release, not necessarily in v2.60

0 Likes 0 Ā·
nick-a avatar image
nick-a answered Ā·

Hi Matthijs,

DC load is still buggy!

See jps below

load-is-on.jpg (66.2 KiB)
load-is-off.jpg (62.9 KiB)
load-is-off2.jpg (60.5 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi @Nick_A, thanks - weā€™ll look into this

EDIT: note to my self, see other correspondences as well; and fix that was included in v2.60~36:

Fix incorrect DC loads power calculation with Phoenix inverter

• The DC power used by VE.Direct connected Phoenix inverters was not removed from the DC loads estimate
  • This caused the total consumption on VRM to be incorrect
  • This affects sites with "Has DC System" turned on, a battery monitor, and a VE.Direct connected Phoenix inverter
0 Likes 0 Ā·

Hi @Nick_A, I checked a download of your VRM data, and what I see around july 29th in the evening is that the Phoenix Inverter is reporting a negative load - as if its charging the battery. Impossible ofcourse - and explained by the simple but unfortunate fact that the current generation of Phoenix Inverters is not at all accurate in its current & power measurements.

I'm afraid there is nothing we can do to improve this for your system.

The one thing I can think of is to simply clip those negative values - I'll think about that one.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
jsmvanwyk avatar image
jsmvanwyk answered Ā·

Hi Matthijs

I can confirm that this version has now fixed the previous problem I reported with regards to not being able to do remote Veconfigure upload/download.

Thanks

Marius

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi Marius, ok perfect! Thank you for confirming

0 Likes 0 Ā·
maha avatar image
maha answered Ā·

"Terugleveren" is a translation error...

1596124648759.png (23.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @MaHa, thank you - fixed in v2.60~38

0 Likes 0 Ā·
bene avatar image
bene answered Ā·

Hi Matthijs,

For my boat's setup, the Multi's DC inverter load appears as a "Battery" in the MFD presentation. Is that expected behavior, and, if so, wouldn't it be easier to understand as something like DC load under the Inverter/Charger section?

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi Ben, this is actually a user setting: you can remove that Multi DC Inverter reading from the list. See chapter 4 here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:mfd-garmin ; or this video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlvqttx320zyaba/Battery%20Measurements.mov?dl=0

0 Likes 0 Ā·
scuba-shan avatar image
scuba-shan answered Ā·

I noticed a small issue where when I turn off my inverter from the MFD interface itā€™s still ā€œonā€ on the CCGX, which means I need to turn it off and then back on again if I want to turn it on from the CCGX.

4 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Scuba Shan thank you for reporting, we'll look into it.

https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/issues/697

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Hi @Scuba Shan we tried to reproduce this, but cannot.

Does it happen everytime for you?

Can you install the latest version, ~38, and see if its reproducible then?

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
scuba-shan avatar image scuba-shan mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Still happening on 38, ccgx shows inverter as on but itā€™s not (ac loads = 0)

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ scuba-shan commented Ā·

Hey @Scuba Shan, an update: we found an issue that causes exactly this; and are working on it.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
john-hagtharp avatar image
john-hagtharp answered Ā·

Hi @Jeroen. Switching to the correct beta thread now as running 2.60~37. I encountered another case of the GUI being stuck on the overview screen. I think it was yesterday but didn't have time to stop and detail the issue then. Looking back at the gui log, I see the following error but am not certain if the time matches up.

2020-08-03 06:26:30.244418500 file:///opt/victronenergy/gui/qt-components/qml/Qt/labs/components/native/PageStack.qml:295:7: QML ScriptAction: file:///opt/victronenergy/gui/qt-components/qml/Qt/labs/components/native/PageStack.qml:137: TypeError: Result of expression 'page' [null] is not an object.2020-08-03 06:26:30.244557500                   if (page.status !== undefined) {

1 comment
2 |3000

jeroen avatar image jeroen ā™¦ commented Ā·

Thanks, I am aware of it, see https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/issues/693. Unfortunately I am unable to reproduce it at the moment. If you know how to trigger this, please let me know.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Jake Kennedy avatar image
Jake Kennedy answered Ā·

Hi, I have only just installed the beta testing version v2.60-37 on my ccgx to try and get the new carlo gavazzi ethernet em24 meter working. i am having trouble finding it using the "search for devices" under the "modbus tcp devices". i have searched manually and tried leaving auto search on for 24 hours but to no avail. i have also tried manually adding the meters ip address in "modbus tcp device". The ccgx is connected via wifi adapter to the wireless main router and the em24 meter is connected to a 4 way network switch that is in turn connected to the main router as well. i have enabled dhcp on my em24 and when i go into my router gateway i can see both the ip addresses for the meter and the ccgx. Is there any more info anyone can point me at or anything obvious that im doing wrong. does it matter that the ccgx is connected via wifi maybe? or is it a known bug? sorry if this is the wrong section i wasnt sure where to pose this question.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jake

2 comments
2 |3000

Jake Kennedy avatar image Jake Kennedy commented Ā·

update.

I unplugged the meter and plugged it back into the network switch this morning and it found the meter within 10 mins. all is working fine now. not sure of the problem before but it is resolved now. thanks

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ Jake Kennedy commented Ā·

Hi @Jake Kennedy - sounds strange indeed. Here they work well everytime we try. Thanks for getting back on it and good to hear it worked well in the end!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
acs avatar image
acs answered Ā·

Hi Matthijs,

The "Grid Lost Alarm" Modbus TCP register 830 does not seem to work on a Cerbo GX running v2.60~37

1597676578162.png (10.2 KiB)
1597676659312.png (21.2 KiB)
1597676752624.png (14.3 KiB)
1597676861092.png (18.7 KiB)
1597676995699.png (16.2 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @acs, looks like your using the wrong register id (830). Its 64 since v2.60. See change log entry:

Change the grid failure alarm register. This was at register 830, unit id 0 & 100, and is now at register 64 on the vebus unit id. See the Unit ID mapping tab in the ModbusTCP spreadsheet. This is a breaking change that requires customers that use this register to update their ModbusTCP configuration, we know that is not good, and don't like it ourselves - but saw no sensible other solution.

(From the PDF linked in my above message)

all the best! Matthijs

0 Likes 0 Ā·
acs avatar image acs mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Thank you. I was aware of the change to use the vebus unit id but not the register change. With register now on 64 all is working correctly.

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Related Resources