question

victron101 avatar image
victron101 asked

is it possible to integrate Victron with control4 automation

Hello great people of the Victron community.

Is there a driver out there or a way to integrate my Victron Quattro to Control4 home automation or any other home automation system?

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) any insights or tips please?

Many thanks.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerCCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ewalderasmus avatar image
ewalderasmus answered ·

Hi @Victron101

Using IFTTT you can create custom automatic tasks, but I am not sure what exactly you want to incorporate, or what you want to be able to view on your Control4 ( I don't know the interface or controller and won't be able to help with that)

I have created a scenario where I turn off some bunch of loads (geysers and fish ponds) when the grid or generator load is more than 15kW. I ended up using a Sonoff Mini to do this using one of the relays on my Quattro as a trigger, essentially toggling the switch turning the mini on or off. And within the EWeLink Software, I created a scene that turns off loads. This could have easily been done using IFTTT but I didn't need any more automation.

regards Ewald

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

victron101 avatar image victron101 commented ·

Hello Ewald,

Thanks for sharing. My plan is to be able to Do the following via automation:

1. Restrict power to some loads when the inverter is already close to or at its peak power rating.
2. Have the system look up predicted load shedding times over the Internet and increase my battery SOC to a particular set point.

3. Also to be able to drop off some loads when the inverter is pulling more than 3kw from the battery

4. Any other scenario possible with automation to help prolong battery life, maximize savings and also reduce stress on the inverter.

I am a newbie when it comes to solar. Am just a user by I understand my solar installation and I am confident of finding my way around It.

Many thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
ewalderasmus avatar image ewalderasmus victron101 commented ·

Hi @Victron101

From what I understand you will probably have to install a Raspberry Pi running Venus OS, and then you will need to write some script to do this all. I haven't done this myself nor do I know the capabilities of the raspberry pi Venus OS, but from some posts I have seen people have made some custom scripts which run and do some automation, but what you would like to do sounds like an awesome project. And I would definitely like to follow it!

0 Likes 0 ·
victron101 avatar image victron101 ewalderasmus commented ·

Thanks @EwaldErasmus,

I will put in some research regarding the raspberry pi Venus OS and how to write those scripts. I will definitely keep you posted.

cheers.

0 Likes 0 ·
shawn-nystrom avatar image
shawn-nystrom answered ·

I just found a Control4 driver:
https://drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/utility/victron-gx-interface/

Victron should note this on the main website or product pages.

2 |3000