question

cindyfessler avatar image
cindyfessler asked

Tess Electric LifeP04 Batteries - DC Ripple

Hi,

I have (4) Tess Electric LifeP04 batteries set up in Parallel with my Victron (See info below). I'm getting a DC ripple. Has anyone used Tess batteries with Victron for a RV solar set up?

Using

Victron SmartSolar MPPT 150|85-Tr Solar Charge Controller - 150V, 85A

AND

Victron Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 120V VE.Bus

My installer told me to buy Battleborn and I wish I had followed his advice. Hoping someone can help me as it appears the BMS on these Tess batteries is not communicating with the Victron

Thanks tons!

cindy

Lithium Battery
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Do you have pictures of your installation?
There are a few things that can cause DC ripple, the wiring or poor connections are often the main cause. Let's not rule out the batteries too early, although it may be difficult to prove.

There is no communication between the batteries BMS and the Victron equipment, the BMS within the Tess batteries acts independently to shut the battery down under certain conditions.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Cindyfessler

Please first use the search before posting, your answers will be in this topic:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/56181/dc-ripple-yet-system-is-not-running-at-full-power.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources