question

jye avatar image
jye asked

Orion-Tr DC-DC Charger 24/24-17 Setup Values for Lead Acid??

Hi there,

I am after help with my new 24/24-17 Non Isolated Charger settings.

I am using it on my 24V truck to charge my fully seperate 24v jump pack setup (house batteries).

The battery pack being charger consists of two Delkor 27HR-780HD 12 volt batteries wired into series to make 24 Volt.

These batteries are lead acid 12 volt, 780CCA, 94AH, 170RC.

The batteries and charger are mounted in their own compartment and the batteries are mounted on rubber matting, everything is far from heat.

I have setup the charger to turn on and off using voltage levels so that it only runs when the truck is on, however when i went to setup the charger settings I was shocked to find that the presets covered just about everything besides normal lead acid batteries! I would have thought that was the most standard one? It has presets for lithium, gel, AGM and traction batteries but not standard lead acid!? I wouldn't have purchased this charger if I had of known this as my other 'smart chargers' have been able to detect battery type, voltage, etc and use multi-stage charging accordingly.

Is anybody able to assist with giving correct settings? I have included screenshot of options below.

I am more after someone that really knows as opposed to guesses as these were expensive and brand new batteries and i don't want to shorten their life-span. They also need to be at optimum to jump start big machinery and they could be used unused for 2 months and then used multiple times per day for a week.

Thank you in advance,

battery charging
charger-setttings.jpg (178.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

https://www.delkor.com.au/download_file/view/788/2724

I think this is the manual for your batteries.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Yager avatar image
Mike Yager answered ·

The manual web site do not exist.

Does anyone have some content to post here?

I too also have LEAD ACID battery for my truck id like to charge with my Orion DC-DC charger.....

2 |3000