question

maxxpwr avatar image
maxxpwr asked

re-bulking and absorption questions

Good day all, i have a couple of questions i hope someone can enlighten me on, i have 4 smartsolar 100/20's on a VE network charging a 600ah vrla battery, bmv-712 also on the network, currently the chargers all have the same settings, float voltage is set at 55.2v, Re bulking should commence at 54.8v after 1 minute, this does not happen, currently the battery is at 54.1v and dropping, charge power is 500w in float at this point, any reason why the controllers won't re bulk? the units never achieve absorption voltage (58.6v) they always cut to float at 57.8v by mid to late morning (lowest morning voltage is 48.75v but is going down every day, lower highs and lower lows). Absorption mode is set to adaptive. Has anyone had similar issues? all firmware is up to date. Cheers, Maxx.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Could the mppt temp compensation account for the slight voltage differences?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

maxxpwr avatar image
maxxpwr answered ·

I did not think so, however I just double checked the math and you know what - 64mv per cell on 24 cells is a volt and a half. I'll disable compensation and check it out. Thanks for your imput, made me check thrice

2 |3000