question

taky-parvex avatar image
taky-parvex asked

Three-phase PowerAssist setup

Greetings

I'm looking to use an arrangement of Multiplus with the PowerAssit function to support a transformer with limited power. I have been looking for aplication notes and my system look similar to the Example 5.3 or Example 5.4 of the "Achiving the impossible" whitepaper. My main concerns are the following:

1) The systems in the examples are all single phased. For 3 phase systems the document says "Phoenix Multis and Phoenix inverters can also be configured for 3 phase operation. We will be pleased to make a proposal for a 3 phase system." I don't know if that means that they are working on new application notes or a custom solution requirement is to be submited. Are there any examples, application notes or other type of guide on 3 phase systems with the PowerAssist functionality? Is there a maximum grid power or amps to work with the PowerAssist functionality?

2) There is a PowerMan 230/80/2 module, but it doesn't appear on the product on the website. Is this a discontinued product? if so, what power controllers have replaced this product?

3) Can a 5000 and a 3000 Multiplus connected in series to get 8kW of power or does it only function with identical models?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Best

3 phasepowerassist
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Taky Parvex

1) see https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:manual_parallel_and_three_phase_systems

2) the Powerman is an old product, not used anymore

3) series connections are not supported, parallel is supported, but indeed, must be the same model unit.

power assist works the same on 3 phase systems and 1 phase systems.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.