question

wandering-bison avatar image
wandering-bison asked

MultiPlus State Control from Venus GX/Venus App (HTML5) not working with VE.Bus Lithium BMS

Hello,

I am fine tuning the settings for my system and I've run into a roadblock. -

I have removed the MultiControl panel from my system and I'm trying to control the state of my inverter from the Venus GX console or the HTML5 Venus App running on the Venus GX, but while the MultiPlus shows up, I'm unable to change it's state using the Venus GX.

Interestingly, I am able to change the Input Limit but not turn on the inverter.

While the Venus GX accurately shows the MultiPlus' state on the HTML5 App page, the "buttons" to change the state don't work or reflect the actual state.

Please see the attached screen shot.

How can I enable control of the MultiPlus state through Venus GX?

Thanks in advance.

Venus GX - VGXhtml5
img-4907.jpg (185.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Do you have a Victron Smart lithium battery and the VE.bus BMS in your system?

If yes then the controlling of the Multi via the Venus is disabled.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wandering-bison avatar image wandering-bison commented ·

Yes, I have both - that's disappointing and seems a little silly. Full Victron setup and I lose functionality.

Do you know if something that Victron intends to address?

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ wandering-bison commented ·

Hi, yes its a frustrating limitation. But not one thats easy to fix - otherwise we would have done that already a long time ago.

The only solution at the moment is to install a Digital Multi Control. See GX device manual.

No fix expected in the near future. Sorry

0 Likes 0 ·
wandering-bison avatar image wandering-bison mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

@mvader (Victron Energy) - Thank you.

I already have a Digital Multi Control but was trying to go all glass.

Is that the case for the other Venus products as well?

Is there a way to use a three way switch wired into the Multi? or does the Venus prevent that? I could create an automated three way switch using relays controlled by an Arduino and integrated into the touch screen panel.

PS - It's my first big disappointment with Victron - it seems like a big miss where your users would have more functionality if they used a competitor's batteries.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic