question

e11enn avatar image
e11enn asked

What am I missing in order to have a full Smart Victron system?

So I've come up with this setup and I'm wondering if I'm missing something, I want my setup te be completely smart so I can see stats and change settings of all my devices through the Victron app. I'm also wondering if all my components are the correct size and type for my solar panels and battery.

- Fiamm POWERCUBE AGM CX 230 AGM, 12V 230Ah

- 2x Panasonic HIT N-serie 250 W SJ25 (combined in paralel produce: 44.3v/11.3A)

- Victron MultiPlus 12/800-35

- Victron Smart BatteryProtect 12/24V-65A

- Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100/20

smart solar set-up helpHelpsetup
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lklmenterprises avatar image lklmenterprises commented ·

The 100/20 is Rated for up to 580W nominal - but only for a 24v System, otherwise it is 290W nominal, i.e. you could change Panels to Serial regardless to get more Charge hours, but output will still be restricted to the 20A x 14.4v (absorbstion) - rather than if you had 24v which would mean 20A x 28.8v.

Have you already purchased or that is all just in planning at the moment.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The MPPT is to small.
Under good conditions you can get 450W or more.
At 12V system voltage that will be at around 35A of charging current.
So you should use at least a 100/30 or 100/50.

To make the Multi "smart" you need a VE.Bus Smart dongle.
But with this dongle you don't have access to all settings, for this you will need a MK3 Interface.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

solarhack avatar image
solarhack answered ·

You are also missing a ColourGX or VenusGX if you want to control it remotely via VRM or via the VictronConnect app and use all the smart features included n the venusOS

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic