question

zdhoda avatar image
zdhoda asked

Multiple MPPT connected to lithium battery

I am using a stack of lithium batteries Which are being charged via 2 MPPT 150/60 solar chargers. I have 24 solar panels @ 250 on my roof. Each MPPT is connected to 12 panels each. The problem I seem to have is that at any given time only 1 MPPT is being utilized to full capacity. For example one MPPT currently shows 2600 Watts being produced whilst the other is giving me a reading of 400 watts. If I now turn off the MPPT which is bringing in 2600 watts, by dropping the breaker, the second MPPT immediately jumps from 400 watts to 2700 watts in an instant. Why are both MPPT not bringing down the maximum value at the same time? I have also noticed that throughout the day they each take turns to produce the higher power ambit never produce higher power at the same time? Does anyone have an answer for me?

MPPT ControllersMPPT SmartSolarLithium Batterymppt charging
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lklmenterprises avatar image lklmenterprises commented ·

Are all the batteries and MPPT at equal wiring lengths from each other in your circuit?

Where are you seeing the Power generation...? on the MPPTs themselves, and/or via a Shunt and BMV unit?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
crazy-marty avatar image
crazy-marty answered ·

Are they set up the same? Same float, same absorb, Also can the BMS take the amount of power you are trying to push in. Some regulate power going into the battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.