question

drover avatar image
drover asked

I have a 75/15 MPPT Blue solar controller. Can I charge a Lithium Battery with this Controller and if so, how do I do it please?

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
brad-australia avatar image
brad-australia answered ·

You'll need the BT Dongle to connect to it, Once connected go to Settings Then Battery .

Where it has Battery Preset click on the drop down menu, Select preset and then scroll to the Battery type press OK and it will transmitt to the MPPT the setting and you're done.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

drover avatar image
drover answered ·

Thanks Brad. I have BT Dongle but couldn't see where I could make changes, it seemed to be set on a default with no means of me making a change. Anyway, I will certainly go and check it out again. Thanks for the quick response.

2 |3000

drover avatar image
drover answered ·

I am not sure that my edit got to show for other viewers, but that was great advice thanks @Brad-Australia. I just didn't go into the Presets correctly. All is now good and the Controller is setup on the Lithium preset that I require for my Battery type (LiFePO4) .

2 comments
2 |3000

thanar avatar image thanar commented ·

Just be careful that your battery is indeed a LiFePO4 and not a Li-Ion or Li-Poly, since these have different characteristics and running them under LiFePO4 setting could be dangerous.

0 Likes 0 ·
drover avatar image drover thanar commented ·

Yes and thanks. I checked and it is LiFePO4.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources