question

glisse avatar image
glisse asked

Why are the 12.8V 300ah so heavy ?

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-12,8-&-25,6-Volt-lithium-iron-phosphate-batteries-Smart-EN.pdf

51kg for 12.8V 300ah while the 100ah is 15kg so 3 100ah is 6kg lighter. I am planing on a large system (8 300ah battery) and this 6kg adds up to 48kg total in my case and that's somewhat troublesome for me. Are the specification accurate and if so maybe a little insight on why ...

Saddly i can not use 24 100ah battery because of 5 parallel limit.

battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Because the 300Ah still have the "old" cells. I'm not sure if/when the 300Ah will get the new cells.

Are you sure you want to build such a big system with Victron batteries? Not because they are bad or something, just because they are very expensive.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

glisse avatar image
glisse answered ·

Thank you for the information.

I am doing this for a boat so i rather use marine grade battery, and also marine grade BMS.

Also every battery manufacturer advice a limit of 4 or 5 battery in parallel with 2 or 3 in series for each string, for capacity and power i need this means i have to use 300ah battery. If you compare price for 300ah battery then you will see that victron is not that expensive.

Relion RB300 might be my best alternative, lighter and marine grad too.

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

What makes the Victron batteries "marine grade" for you?
They are only IP22 protected (the miniBMS and the VE.Bus BMS are IP20, only the BMS 12/200 and the BMS CL 12/100 are IP65).

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic