question

Rob Mitchell avatar image
Rob Mitchell asked

Mixing Lithium Battery Brands, Same Capacities

Does anyone have any experience mixing different lithium batteries in their setup? I currently have a single (1) Battleborn 100ah 12v in my motorhome. I want to add an additional 100ah but there are so many options now that are cheaper than BB. I plan on mixing something like a Renogy 100ah 12v battery with the BB in parallel to increase AH capacity of the bank.

Does anyone have any thoughts on things I should be aware of or look out for?

battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Rob Mitchell on principle I would avoid this, since Renogy's BMS and Battle Born's BMS are completely different and, thus, the two batteries would not necessarily charge/discharge at the same rates or otherwise perform to the same specifications, which could potentially lead to damage to one or both of them and would simultaneously void the warranty on the Battle Born at least - I can't speak to Renogy's warranty, since I won't touch anything to do with Renogy, but I would expect the same from any battery company.

Combining unlike products is never supported and will usually void the warranty, so... It's your system, but I strongly advise against doing this.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic