question

confused avatar image
confused asked

Victron 90AH AGM on BlueSmart IP22 12/15/3

Hi All,

Unlike my previous charger (a Mastervolt) this slick Victron charger does not give me an option to select battery type (other than Li). I have two Victron AGM 90AH batteries and want to know if I should charge them 'Normal' or 'High' (or other??)

On this forum I read AGM doesn't like voltages over 14.4, on other fora I read they should be charged @ 14.7 V. Sadly there are no manuals around for these batteries. (at least not on the Victron site)

I bought the Victron charger under the assumption it would be a better match, but now I am not so certain.

So any help would be appreciated.

MPPT ControllerschargerAGM Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@confused

The settings are very customizable using Victron Connect.

If you go to the gear on the top left scroll down and switch on advanced settings.

Then select the advanced battery settings, you can select a different preset. Or you can define your own, if you switch on expert mode you can even tweak the presets if you feel they are not quite right.

Sorry there are no screenshots, seem to have an issue uploading today.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

confused avatar image confused commented ·

Thanks for your reply,

I've found the presets, but want to know which settings are best formy batteries (90ah 12v victron agm)

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ confused commented ·

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-AGM-Super-Cycle-battery-EN.pdf

Can you confirm this is your battery? Most AGMs are rated C10 so that would be where your 90Ah is found.

Anything in the recommended voltage range is acceptable. The charge algorithms in the charger take care of the rest for you.

0 Likes 0 ·
1593628013347.png (123.6 KiB)
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@confused

Notice how there are higher recommended voltages for fast recharges? I would use normal charging in most circumstances and the fast if they were discharged further than planned or expected and need a quick recover as it is not really recommended to leave them in a discharged state at all.

0 Likes 0 ·
confused avatar image confused Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Thanks- I am getting a bit confused withe answers or replies- so here a copy:

Very close, mine are BAT412800080

I guess an older version

I assume your answer still applies, so thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
confused avatar image
confused answered ·

Very close, mine are BAT412800080

I guess an older version

I assume your answer still applies, so thanks!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual