question

gavinge avatar image
gavinge asked

cycle use control voltage same as bulk absorption voltage?

i have universal agm ub1211100 batteries with specs here https://www.solar-electric.com/lib/wind-sun/D5751.pdf

they say a "cycle use control voltage of 14.6. to 14.8v and float use control voltage of 13.6-13.8v"

I have set the 100/30 MPPT controller to charge profile 3 which will charge to bulk at 14.7v and float to 13.8v

do you think I have understand correctly the defintion of cycle use control voltage to equal the bulk voltage?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kingfisher avatar image
kingfisher answered ·

Hi Gavinge,

Cycle Use means that you are drawing power from the battery regularly (usually daily) and require it to be recharged each 'cycle'. That is what happens when you are living in your boat/rv or solar powered home. You need higher voltages to recover the battery rapidly in that situation.

Float Use means that the battery is used irregularly - typically for a weekender or a UPS if power fails. In those situations you have more time to recover the battery and so can charge at a lower rate.

Regards.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.