question

dpa avatar image
dpa asked

Bluetooth locking up at 20% on load MPPT

I have two MPPT 75/15 smart solar.

Since yesterday one is stopping Bluetooth connection at 20% level

Same with the battery sense.

only one MPPT is still working and shows that both other are in the network and working.

But I can not reach them, which is a shame, because I have to change some settings.

Software issue? Even after a reset the issue is not gone.

MPPT SmartSolarBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hello DPA,

Please try to remove the pairing information in the phones bluetooth menu. You can find in the VictronConnect manual how to do it: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#bluetooth_smart_-_removing_from_the_list_of_paired_devices

After removing the pairing information, the connection should not be stuck at 20%, but should continue upto 80% where it should ask for the PIN code.

What did you reset by the way? The phone, the MPPT's, the PIN code?

With kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dpa avatar image dpa commented ·

THX problem is solved, this was an excellent link.

0 Likes 0 ·
skippyupover avatar image
skippyupover answered ·

Hi,
I am having exactly the same problem. After about 2-3 hours of operation the Victron App can no longer connect, with the above symptoms.
If I wait longer then the App detects no Victron device anymore.

If I reset the device by removing battery and pv connection, then it comes is reachable again.

The controller led is green and appears to load the battery just fine, but it looks like the bluetooth subsystem is a bit flaky.

Is there a firmware update available? I should be running the latest versions:
Smartsolar Charger MPPT 75/15: 1.56
Smartsolar bluetooth interface rev2: 2.25

thanks,

Nick

2 |3000