question

Andreas Jaunsen avatar image
Andreas Jaunsen asked

BMS and HE Li-ion capacity messed up after updates

Hi recently returned to the boat which had been on shore for past 10 months (not connected to power). 2x Li-ion HE Batteries (2x200Ah) seemed okey so started updating all systems (Venus GX, multiplus, mppt, BMS400 etc).

I notice in the past week that the battery level seems to be wrong. I reset consumption stats but still at about SOC 60-65%, voltage will be <24.5v indicating it is much closer to empty.

At this 65% SOC level the multiplus also turns off by itself and no longer inverts... again suggesting SOC is wrong!

I am not getting multiple low cell voltages and have no idea how to solve this?!!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, best (and only for most battery monitors, probably also the HE batts + Lynx) way to sync the calculated SOC with the actual physical state of charge is to fully charge the battery.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark avatar image Mark commented ·

Sorry to jump on to this ....but the synchronisation button on the Lynx Ve-Can shunt doesn’t work!

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Mark commented ·

Hi Mark, ok I’ll look into that.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

But pls make a new question, preferably include venus os version, lynx shunt version, and a screenshot of how you’re trying to change it - I think I know how but just to be sure.

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

@Mark, we tested the sync feature with latest firmware: Venus OS v2.54 and Lynx Shunt version v1.08. It works without any issue.

We sync it by selecting the relevant item in the Venus OS user interface, ie on the screen or through Remote Console.

0 Likes 0 ·