question

julio avatar image
julio asked

Choose victron Hybrid system with 5x LG X NeON®2 365 W

I am new in victron solar system.

I got:

5x LG X NeON®2 365 W on my roof, (i had to install panels during new roof instalation)

300L 3000W unused water boiler connected to my water network (i use gas)

48V 10AH unused bike battery with BMS (https://www.pingbattery.com/servlet/the-13/48V-10AH-V2.5-LiFePO4/Detail)

i am ongrid but want to be able to have power during cutoff during day with solar panels for water boiler, or little lights during night (3W *4).

My questions:

With victron system, can i realize that:

-use real time solar production with regulation to send it to water boiler below 3000W depending on production, and never use battery

-is a Bike battery like i have can be used in a victron system, but only for powering victron system and little lights in case off cutoff

-What configuration do you advise? Multigrid or other? i will add other panels in few years.

In case victron system cannot regulate power consumption to production, what system do you advise?

Thank you for your assistance

Hot Water Diversion
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
taylortops avatar image
taylortops answered ·

Just an idea, I would swap the AC heating element out for a 50VDC element. I haven't scoped this thoroughly but an MPPT 250/60 and a Cerbo driving a cut-over relay, all panels in series. The battery is too small to drive water heating loads of any sort.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

taylortops avatar image taylortops commented ·
Note: DC at full PV voltage will arc. Careful with that one.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic