question

z-man avatar image
z-man asked

LiFePo4 support for Multiplus 12/2000

I don’t understand why there is no Charge profile with the Victron Multiplus 12/2000 product. There is 4 basic profiles that you can select with the Dip Switches but none of them for LiFePo4. I have added the VE.Bus Smart Dongle in hopes that I can program the profile though this device, after all it’s called a smart dongle.

It seems if I want to truly program the device for LiFePo4 support I need to tie the system to a Computer with yet a different device.

When will I be able to program this with the VictronConnect App?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerLithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Currently you need a MK3 Interface to change settings and do firmware updates.

Programming with the DIP switches is to complicate and you don't have all options.

In my opinion it is clear in the description and the manual of the VE.bus Smart Dongle that you can't use it to change the settings.

As far as I know it is planned for the future to make more options available via Bluetooth but I don't know when.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

z-man avatar image
z-man answered ·

Thanks Matthias, that is what I thought as well. I will be eagerly waiting to be able to tune the Multiplus via the App.

2 |3000