question

Dave van Dongen avatar image
Dave van Dongen asked

ESS system doesn't see AC input anymore

Since a few days, my ESS system doesn't see the AC input anymore. On the screen of the CCGX the red "grid" block just has 2 stripes and no info on the AC power input, etc.
And in the VRM monitoring all the graphs relating to the AC input have flat-lined.
The system still seems to be working OK.
Only the battery is discharged to 30%, while the software limit is set to 50%.
And I have frequency oscillations up to 50.80 Hz for around an hour in the afternoon, when the PV stops producing serious power, because of shading.
Also I can not connect remotely to the CCGX Remote Control, but I am not sure that that is related.
See attached pictures.
I have already rebooted the CCGX > no difference.

Frequency oscillations on the output:

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerCCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Dave van Dongen

-What voltage / frequency does the inverter report on it's input?

-What voltage do you measure on the inverter input?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dave van Dongen avatar image
Dave van Dongen answered ·

Hi @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff), thanks for your reply.

I checked some things and it appears the earth leakage circuit breaker (RDC) tripped for some reason.
Therefor there was no AC input at all. This explains everything. We have been running completely off-grid for a few days! :-)
Now I am just wondering how the system might trip the earth leakage circuit breaker between the grid connection and the inverter.
Do you know some common reasons why this would happen?
Thanks for your assisstence! :-)

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Dave van Dongen

Probably an event in your house that was just enough to trip the RCD on the input, but not the RCD on the output of the inverter.

0 Likes 0 ·
yoki avatar image yoki Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Dave van Dongen,

Below I hope this will help you as I had the same problem.

On October 06/2020 I set up a three-phase system with 3 x MultiPlus II + 1 x SolarEdge SE10K and had the same problem, same CCGX display. The Multis didn't even see the grid. After several attempts and tests, I asked the electrician who took care of the electrical panel to check and the problem was in his wiring.

0 Likes 0 ·