question

rwandering avatar image
rwandering asked

Victronconnect - No devices found

We packed up to leave a full hook up site this morning. I opened my victronconnect app on my iPhone to find a NO DEVICES FOUND message. The app looked a little different than the last time I used it so I assume it has updated. When I went to my bluetooth devices none of the Victron devices were connected and wouldn't connect when prompted. I deleted the devices and hard re-booted my iPhone, went back into bluetooth devices and they still were not visible. I checked all the the physical devices, battery monitor, mppt controller, and MultiPlus inverter and determined all were working. I turned off the inverter for 15 seconds and turned it back on but still no signal. It seems strange that all 3 devices would fail at the same time. HELP!

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
rwandering avatar image
rwandering answered ·

Ok it turns out that the app updated on my iPhone and when it did it turned off Bluetooth in the app. That setting is not visible in the app. I had to get to settings/VictronConnect and turn in bluetooth. Problem fixed. Thanks all

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @rwandering

Do you have another phone / tabled / laptop you can try?

not seeing at all usually is due to bluetooth being disabled on the phone.

What version of iOS do you have, and what version of VictronConnect?

2 |3000

ray-mont avatar image
ray-mont answered ·

@rwandering i had the same here yesterday

victronconnect version 5.26

solved it after switching GPS on , on the phone.

it only happened on my brand new Samsung s20 5g(Android 10) not on any other other device
ie ipad, Samsung a5 2017 nor on a Samsung s6(Android 7)

i presume it has a issue with android 10

Ray

gps off

gps on

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

Indeed, for newer android versions location setting has to be on in this ludicrous implementation of nfc by google as discussed in this post before. I keep mine off so it renders some apps useless.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic