question

margaretmwall avatar image
margaretmwall asked

MPPT Control scrolls "Fetching History" continuously

I have an MPPT 150/35 BlueSolar charge controller and a MPPT Control Unit v1.0 (SN:HQ17*******). The MPPT Control continuously scrolls "Fetching History" and it can only be stopped by disconnecting the MPPT Control cable from the MPPT 150/35 charge controller. I have taken it to the Airstream dealer from whom I purchased it and they say all they can do is unplug and re-plug it to reset it. Otherwise, they insist that it is because I am pushing too many buttons (even when I have pushed no buttons at all). I am frustrated and would like to fix this problem. The MPPT Control software version is 20 50, the MPPT software version is 5 1. Can you help me with this problem?

MPPT Control display
6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Marcus Lodwick avatar image Marcus Lodwick commented ·

I have same problem on "two-day old" new Airstream. Would like a solution please.

0 Likes 0 ·
john-brewer avatar image john-brewer commented ·

Having the same issue on a brand new Airstream. Help please!

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ john-brewer commented ·

Hi @John Brewer

We're still looking in to the issue, we've provided Margaret with a new set, and will research the old units.

In the mean time: contact your dealer to replace the MPPT remote display unit, that usually solves this.

0 Likes 0 ·
scdohm avatar image scdohm commented ·

I have the same problem with a new airstream. Unplugging and unplugging the controller fixed the display for the rest of the day but "fetching history" was back the next morning. Keypad is locked out.

0 Likes 0 ·
brennec02 avatar image brennec02 commented ·

Mark me down for the same "Fetching History" problem in my 2021 Airstream International 27FB. Getting ready to go on a 6 month trip and no idea how to clear it. Has there been any progress on resolving this issue or trouble shooting it? Trying to get it in to an AS dealer is near impossible right now.

0 Likes 0 ·
adolan21 avatar image adolan21 commented ·

We are having the same problem in our 2021 Classic. Until we are able to take it to the dealer I’d lie to know, Does it affect the performance of the solar panels?

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi all, there have been several issues with the MPPT Control. Including it being stuck showing "CONNECTING" or stuck showing "FETCHING HISTORY".

These are all solved. The last fix was made in September 2021, and since then no new issues have been reported. Finally.

To get issues solved, update both the MPPT Control and the Solar Charger to the latest firmware. More information on how to update here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/72020/mppt-control-repeatedly-into-connecting-status-aft.html..

Thank you to all for your patience in case you had this issue as well as all that helped get to the bottom of it!

Ps. I'm cleaning up old questions on community, to make sure anyone that still has issues gets to the right answer as smooth as possible.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @MargaretMWall

What exact firmware version is the remote display on?

1 comment
2 |3000

brennec02 avatar image brennec02 commented ·

Please see my comment above in orginal thread.

0 Likes 0 ·
margaretmwall avatar image
margaretmwall answered ·

Software Version of the MPPT Control is 1.01

Thank you

2 |3000

scdohm avatar image
scdohm answered ·

Getting a new charge controller from Airstream solved the problem. The issue was not with the little panel display in the galley. In September 2020, customer service at Airstream indicated they had seen this before. Without hesitation, they shipped a new unit to me, and I installed it in place of the original under the starboard bunk in the front. Problem solved. As I recall, the new controller did have a different revision number. The way the data displayed was also slightly different after the fix. I don't recall the specifics. As to the functioning of the controller while 'fetching' I can't comment. You could run the batteries down a bit and see if solar brings them back to full charge. Even if the solar charger and panels appear to function, I would be concerned that there could be issues with the control algorithms. Also, not being able to check charge status with the display was unacceptable to me. Good luck in getting an updated controller.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic