question

saramis avatar image
saramis asked

EasySolar-1600 possible to charge LifePo4 AND Starbatterie?

Hey there,

I am using an EasySolar in a Van, in the instruction it says:

4.4.1 Second Battery The MultiPlus Compact has a connection (+) for charging a starter battery. For connection see appendix 1

But where is appendix 1? I can only find appendix A/B/C in the manual.

Is it possible to charge different batterie types, starterbattery and lithium boardbattery?
If so, would it be charged only with connected AC or by solar as well?

thanks in advance

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
lklmenterprises avatar image
lklmenterprises answered ·

Check this Other post for note on where the Appendix is.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/28438/easy-solar-12v-start-battery-charger.html

Further to what I would understand - Trickle charge will only be from when the Unit is "shore" powered.

Keeping in mind the EasySolar is really just a Multi-Plus and an MPPT Solar charger which is housed within the same Physical enclosure. Since the MPPT controller - particularly of the MPPT 100/50 that comes with the 1600 has only 2 PV and 2 Battery terminals, so no 2nd "Auxilliary" battery terminals. If the Trickle Charge came off the same line from the MPPT, it would mean a parallelisation of both Starter and Inverter Batteries.

Considering the Trickle charge circuit is only 4A - if you wanted a similar ability to trickle from Solar that is "always connected" - it would be reasonably simple and cost effective in most cases to just install a Small 10-40w panel and pwm or cheap mppt charge controller. This is what I have setup in my VW Crafter van - just a 10w panel mounted on the expansive front dash wired straight to the Van battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.