question

micke avatar image
micke asked

Easy Solar 12V start battery charger

There is a connection markt TR Charge (J15+) can i use it to charge a common 12 V battery, and is it a controlled charger?

The manual says:

4.4 Optional Connections
A number of optional connections are possible: Undo the four screws at the front of the enclosure and remove the front panel.
4.4.1 Second Battery The MultiPlus Compact has a connection (+) for charging a starter battery. For connection see appendix 1.

Where can i found appendix 1???

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Micke, the "TR Charge" is a trickle-charge connection that will charge at 4A (for the Multiplus Compact 2000/120... that may vary depending on which model you have).

Appendix A is located following a blank sheet after the "Technical Data" page in your manual. I won't link you directly to it because you didn't specify which model you have, but you can of course find all MultiPlus/MultiPlus Compact manuals online at https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/manuals#item=manuals-multiplus

Just select which model you have, then scroll down... and down... and keep going until you see the "Technical Data" page (which is where the trickle charge amperage is listed, named "Charge Current Starter Battery"), then a blank page after that, and then Appendix A will be the two pages following that blank page.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.