question

dmarsh avatar image
dmarsh asked

IP22 Bluesmart App

I have just two batteries attached to the Bluesmart IP22 20A charger but the app doesn't show any indication of this. Am I right in saying the app wont show seperate battery states / types but only give you whats its outputting over both terminals combined. For example I have a deeply discharged engine battery due to a parasite draw somewhere but how can I tell that the right setting is applied to the right battery. There is no way of knowing...or is it me being stupid and missing a slide button somewhere??

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @DMarsh; indeed: it doesn't do any measurement per battery. Only the totals I'm afraid.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dmarsh avatar image dmarsh commented ·

Thanks for the confirmation, I will think about adding separate meters.

0 Likes 0 ·
dpk avatar image dpk commented ·
I have just bought this setup and I now find that the app can only measure totals which is quite useless. The whole point of having a smart app is to measure and manage each battery individually and if necessary balance load etc etc

I would not have bought the IP22 3 output charger if I had known this but bought individual chargers.

Victron need to get clearer/better/transparent with their documentation as I have experienced similar issues with other Victron products due to this as well.

Dave

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ dpk commented ·
@dpk

The VictronConnect app has a demo library there you can look/test what each smart device can do or not.

The Phoenix Smart charger shows you each output separately.

https://www.victronenergy.com/chargers/phoenix-smart-ip43-charger

0 Likes 0 ·
jcolter avatar image jcolter Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Any chance of the Phoenix smart ip43 coming to the north American market with a 120v version.
0 Likes 0 ·