question

dkww avatar image
dkww asked

Blue Smart Charger 12/15 switch from TEST to BULK to ABS with no battery connected

Just got this charger and i noticed the charging process keeps restarting on its own and then when i disconnect it from the wall and connect it back the charging status just start from test to bulk to abs in 2 second interval with no battery connected and stay there for good. Looks malfunctioning to me. Anyone has any idea?

The charger profile is on standard preset.

charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dkww avatar image dkww commented ยท

I notices the charger if you power up and leave it idle lobg enough, aka not connected to battery, it will go into float and storage mode. Essentially its going to where it should be with or without the battery.

Side note on the blue smart ip65 charger the clamps probably is the weakest parts among the rest. The clamps would deform with just a simple twist of fingers.

0 Likes 0 ยท
4 Answers
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ยท

Hi,

Thatโ€™s normal behaviour with a battery disconnected.

Since the charger switches from bulk to absorption based on current thereโ€™s no current flowing if thereโ€™s no battery.

Jon

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thats confusing to know and comprehend.

Logically speaking the test light should light up and stay on if no battery is available to charge and the charging status should not changed.

Whats the logic of current behaviour? Is it due the charger would charge zero volt battery so even not connected it still think there is a battery to charge hence moving to abs phase?

I personally think this is a bug that need to be addressed in the firmware so it stays at test light if no battery connected and would fall back to test phase if charger is disconnected half way or anytime in charging mode.

0 Likes 0 ยท

I still dont think we address the question of why the charger would move from test phase to bulk and then abs phase with no battery connected. Software bug or inherit design of the charger due to some special functions??

0 Likes 0 ยท
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ยท

The charger is also able to be used as a power supply, essentially it would switch to absorption quickly in that mode to give a stable output voltage.

1 comment
2 |3000

But if the profile is in charger mode then why does it switch to abs phase when no battery is connected? If its in supply mode there are 4 leds light up and no particular phase should be highlighted.

I am still not convinced that the led charge light is correctly displayed in charger profile with no battery connected.

Or is it just me whom dont think this is normal?

0 Likes 0 ยท
szpieg avatar image
szpieg answered ยท

Hey, I also noticed the same behavior after updating the IP 6512/15 charger to firmware v3.21, apart from the above, I also have problems with the short and always the same charging time in BULK, ABS and RECOND modes ... my post is fresh and there is no answer yet.

2 |3000

aviator avatar image
aviator answered ยท

ะทะดั€ะฐะฒัั‚ะฒัƒะนั‚ะต, ัƒ ะผะตะฝั ั‚ะพั‡ะฝะพ ั‚ะฐะบะฐั ะถะต ัะธั‚ัƒะฐั†ะธั, ะฝะพ ะฟั€ะพัˆะธะฒะบะฐ ัƒะถะต 3.25 ะธ ะฝะฐัะบะพะปัŒะบะพ ั ะฟะพะฝะธะผะฐัŽ, ะฝะธั‡ะตะณะพ ะฝะต ะธะทะผะตะฝะธะปะพััŒ, ะฟั€ะพัั‚ะพ ะทะฐะดะฐะป ะฐะฝะฐะปะพะณะธั‡ะฝั‹ะน ะฒะพะฟั€ะพั, ั‡ั‚ะพ ัั‚ะพ ะฝะต ะปะพะณะธั‡ะฝะพ! ะฐ ะฟะพั‡ะตะผัƒ ะทะฐั€ัะดะฝะพะต ะฝะฐะทั‹ะฒะฐะตั‚ัั ัƒะผะฝั‹ะผ, ะตัะปะธ ะฟะพัั‚ะพัะฝะฝะพ ะดะตั€ะถะธั‚ ะฝะฐะฟั€ัะถะตะฝะธะต ะฝะฐ ะบะพะปะตัะฐั… ะฑะตะท ะฟะพะดะบะปัŽั‡ะตะฝะฝะพะณะพ ะฐะบะบัƒะผัƒะปัั‚ะพั€ะฐ!

1 comment
2 |3000

aviator avatar image aviator commented ยท

((
20210620-233034.jpg

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic