question

mike48t avatar image
mike48t asked

Smart Solar MPPT Cycling Power

HI Good day, all, has anybody seen this issue,

MPPT 150/85 connected with Victron Multiplus 5KVA with Rolls Batteries 1256AH@C100,

the system has functioned normally up until Sun last when the MPPT suddenly started cycling the powr up and down and then Zero and the power up again, All voltages are Stable ( Input and Output(, just the current rising and then going to Zero and then rising up again),

Online Update to Latest firmware done with No improvement, Occasionally Error No 28 shows , and will reset once sun gone down. Victron basic error Guide Covers No 28 but offers no real explanation, just advise to get tech help. Your browser does not support HTML5 video.

thanks for input,

charger
error-28-mppt.mp4 (14.3 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Peter Polz avatar image
Peter Polz answered ·

You are already charging over AC IN with InverterCharger.. so MPPT reduce charging near 0..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mike48t avatar image
mike48t answered ·

No that is misleading you, the situation is the same with or without the generator, I had just started the generator, and then made the video, but it is no different when the generator is off, , I realised that when I returned to my house but to late to correct then, so for all intent and purposes ignore the generator Input power, as the same happens when it is off,

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic