question

georgev avatar image
georgev asked

Quattro w/ Bluetooth and VE.Smart Networking Support?

Can I add a Quattro to my VE.smart Bluetooth network?

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @GeorgeV

The VE.Bus Smart Dongle, which is the accessory to add (limited) bluetooth connectivity to the MultiPlus and Quattro doesn't support VE.Smart Networking at the moment.

What VE.Smart networking functionality would you like?

Shared battery voltage, and temperature sense data from the VE.Bus smart dongle to an MPPT, or something else?

For now, recommended would be to connect them all together with a GX device, like the Cerbo GX or Color Control GX.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rmaddy avatar image rmaddy commented ·

I've been using a VE.Bus Smart Dongle on a MultiPlus for close to a year now and it works just fine with VE.Smart Networking sending battery voltage and battery temperature. The VE.Smart Product Compatibility page at https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VE.Smart_Networking/en/ve-smart-product-compatibility.html still claims it is not compatible but it works for me.

Was support added between June 2020 and about the middle of 2021 and the linked documentation just not updated?

0 Likes 0 ·
rmaddy avatar image rmaddy commented ·

So the change log for Victron Connect 5.36 on February 2, 2021 shows that firmware version 1.08 for VE.Bus Smart Dongle added VE.Smart networking support. So the documentation at https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VE.Smart_Networking/en/ve-smart-product-compatibility.html is out of date.

0 Likes 0 ·
georgev avatar image
georgev answered ·

Yes, it just seems like it should be communicating with the smartsolar unit, but I suppose it doesn't need to? Thank you for the answer.

2 |3000