question

jbakuwel avatar image
jbakuwel asked

VRM Portal - Can't always update firmware remotely

Hi there,

I noticed a feature in VRM portal that I hadn't seen before that allows me to upgrade firmware of sites that I manage. I prefer to be the guinea pig myself before trying it out on my clients. The equipment on site here upgraded just fine via VRM. I did notice though that VictronConnect (running on an iPad) thought that the firmware of the SmartSolar 250/60 was already up to date (from memory it was running 1.46), however VRM had a different opinion and installed 1.50.

I also notice that the ability to upgrade firmware via VRM exists for the equipment on my own site, but is not shown for the equipment of one of my clients. That client is running the latest stable VenusOS v2.54. Any ideas why it doesn't show there?

Great work on all this, by the way. Thanks!

Jan

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Jan.

Thank you! You’re not seeing that becase either two-way communication is not enabled on that system, or, you only have view permissions.

Ps are you sure you have the latest VictronConnect installed? Latest one has v1.50

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.