question

Tim Chapman avatar image
Tim Chapman asked

Remote VEConfigure file downloading as a txt file

Recently I went to us Remote VEConfigure, which has always worked in the past, and the config file downloaded as a file with a .txt extension. This happened in two different browsers. I was able to rename the file with the correct .rvsc extension and complete the process.

is anyone else having this?

VRM
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Tim Chapman

What browsers are you using, and could you please try with another different one for a while to see if this is a factor?

Intermittent issues can be tricky, so the less variables to reproduce the issue the easier it is to try and find out where things might be going wrong.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tim Chapman avatar image Tim Chapman commented ·

This happens with both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome, both latest releases.

At the moment this is not intermittent, it happens every time. It used to work just fine.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Tim Chapman commented ·

Can you please try Firefox

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Tim Chapman commented ·

I just tested it myself using a Mac running 10.15.4 (19E287) with Safari Version 13.1 (15609.1.20.111.8), and Chrome Version 83.0.4103.61 and for both it downloaded with the correct file extension .rvsc

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Fideri avatar image
Fideri answered ·

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. It's not an answer but it's something I have noticed. If I download the file on an android phone (android 10) using the VRM app (version 2.9.3), it is always a text file. But renaming the file with an rscv extension works. This is not a problem for me.

If I download the file on a Windows 10 tablet using Firefox, it has the right dbus extension. I have 2 Quattros in parallel.

F.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.