question

jacola avatar image
jacola asked

ET340 via Modbus/TCP ?

Hello, i am new to Victron and want to set up a larger battery system 3 phase etc.
ET340 is already installed, but it is far away from the battery location, unsuitable to run long 485 connections.

Is there a way, has someone experience, to convince the GX controller to use Modbus/TCP to talk with the ET340 (via a modbus/TCP to RTU bridge of course),

or
Has anyone experience in or tried to bridge Modbus/RTU over IP (wifi, ethernet etc) ?

Johannes

Energy MeterModbus TCP
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
dayandnight avatar image
dayandnight answered ·

Hello @jacola,

I think I had a similar situation at my location "... is far away from the battery location ..." - I solved it at my location with a different energy meter the EM24 Ethernet version.

Without knowing your needs in detail I can only guess. Perhaps this would be possible for you, too? I just plugged EM24 into my network and I had to use ESS system / firmware version 2.60. Which is just now (June 2020) and today still a release candidate version of ESS but I am sure it will be soon released.

DayAndNight

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.