question

niels avatar image
niels asked

Siemens PAC2200 Grid Meter Modbus TCP

Hello,

I have a Cerbo GX.

I would like to use my Siemens PAC2200 as grid meter for my GX.

Is there someone how has experice white this and help me connect this by modbus TCP?

Regards, Niels

Energy MeterModbus TCP
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

I also failed to mention that support for ABB B series meters has recently been added.

1) Add support for ABB B-series meters, for use in ESS. Three types:

• B21: Single phase meter up to 65A. Same size as the ET112, but it has a small LCD screen.
  • B23: Three phase meter, internal shunt, up to 65A per phase. Same size as the EM24 (70mm wide).
  • B24: Three phase meter, external CTs. Same size as B23. Ratio configurable, up to 1000A per phase.
2 Likes 2 ·
P.H.J. Sibbing avatar image P.H.J. Sibbing wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

The link in the document to Em24 modbus TCP, links to EM24 RS485, so no answer is given to the Modbus TCP solutuion.

Secondly:

Why is Victron so afraid of opening up the Modbus TCPIP track to Modbus TCP/IP Gridmeters, such as:

Janitza RM 96

ABB M2M and M4M,

Siemens PAC 2200 - 3200.

Are the Gavazzi meters Sooo profitable to Victron ?

Some of the Janitza, ABB's M4M, or Siemens PAC's are under €300, with much more functionalities.

0 Likes 0 ·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

There is a project here https://community.victronenergy.com/idea/114716/power-meter-lib-for-modbus-rtu-based-meters-from-a.html to develop a library to support multiple meters.

It may be possible to join that project to develop the support needed for your meter.

1 comment
2 |3000

P.H.J. Sibbing avatar image P.H.J. Sibbing commented ·
You suggested Link does not relate to Modbus TCP, but Modbus RTU/RS485 and Conversion of RTU/RS485 to Tcp as a carrier layer and re-converting it back to RTU/rs485
0 Likes 0 ·
spooner avatar image
spooner answered ·

Hello all,
I am also very interested in the solution with the Siemens PAC2200 Modbus TCP and Victron.
I do not understand why it does not work?
Because it is TCP.

I thinks it's better then RS485

Bye spooner

2 |3000