question

njordan avatar image
njordan asked

Venus GX - Power Supply

I'm going to buy a VenusGX + ESS installation and now started to read the manual. From what i see there is a power input with wide range of Voltage. So i could simply plug it parallel to the multiplusII (sourced by the 48V battery) or....and this is more my question go directly via 12V power supply from the AC network....(AC in) not out.

Does this also make sense? any disadvantage....

Also, if somebody knows - what is the most efficient voltage to go into the VenusGX....12V, 24V,.....

And what is the required Amps.....i'Ve seen a 3,15A fuse in the cable prepared.....

Kind Regards

Norbert

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@njordan Typically I'd connect it to the battery to ensure it is powered at all times and it offers the best form of redundancy given the Venus would be the "heart" of the system in many cases. As for an additional power supply on ACIN, it just makes it inefficient and adds one additional POF and unnecessary hardware.

The answers to current draw are here: Insignificant at 60-210mA if you ask me.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Venus-GX-EN.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.