question

mammouth avatar image
mammouth asked

BMV-700 : is my connection good or bad ?

Hi, new in electric connexions, i wander if my connexion is good or bad ? Thanks for your kind help

BMV Battery MonitorHelpbattery connection
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ยท
@Mammouth in short no it is bad.

You need to refer to the manual. The Battery Monitor must be between your battery and loads. Otherwise it will not properly count your usage. Here is a system example.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/BMV-and-INVERTER-jb.pdf

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-BMV-700-700H-702-712-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-SE.pdf

The negative of all your equipments should be on the load charger side of the shunt.

Also between the auxiliary battery and your main battery you need to consider some other equipment to prevent your loads draining your start/car battery. Unless this is what you are trying to do, if that is the case then you do not have the right piece of equipment.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mammouth avatar image
mammouth answered ยท

Hi Alexandra,

thanks for you kind help, I was pretty sure that I was wrong.

One thing I didn't mentioned is that I have a coupler/splitter on my main battery, well installed by a professional. Not shown in my graphic, but let's imagine it's there.

So I changed my graphic : would it be correct like this ?

Thanks, a lot, again.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra โ™ฆ commented ยท

@Mammouth looking better still one more adjustment. Glad you have a coupler in place.

You are charging from your start battery side. This should also pass through from the bmv shunt or your State of Charge will not be correct. Basically in the manual it says nothing but bmv should be connected up to the battery negative terminal. Everything else to the load charger side.

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron BMV battery monitors product page