question

Thomas Pfeifer avatar image
Thomas Pfeifer asked

Feature Request: Access to Node-Red UI via VRM-Portal

Node-Red is a fantastic extension to Victron's GX devices, and you are doing a great job that this is going to become a standard add-on to the GX-OS (as it seems to me from the discussion in GitHub).

As one can access the Remote Console via VRM portal, I was questioning, whether it would be possible to access the Node-Red UI (GX-IP:1880) via the VRM portal, as well. Do you think, such thing could be possible? Is there already some kind of workaround to see the Node-Red UI in a VRM session?

To my opinion, it would make the Node-Red implementation even more fantastic.

Thx & kind regards,
Thomas

VRMNode-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @t.pfeifer, its something we are indeed looking into. Ie. how feasible it is to make the node-red (and signalk) dashboard accessible remotely

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

xsilvergs avatar image
xsilvergs answered ·

On v2.60~38-large-image-6

I just get "

Error: remote installation does not seem to have a running Node Red service."

after I click the Node-Red button in the in the Proxy relay page

1 comment
2 |3000

Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ commented ·

A few minor firmware updates were necessary to get remote NodeRED access working. If you just upgrade/install the latest non-beta v2.60 extended FW those changes are included and it should work per the online manual.

0 Likes 0 ·