question

mrhappy avatar image
mrhappy asked

Node-red dashboard access on Venus OS Large 2.80-11/20

I have flashed the large 2.80-11-20 file to an SD-card, put it into a Raspberry Pi 3 B+, enabled node-red in console, followed the instructions on how to install the dashboard in palette and made some test nodes. VRM portal all working fine, but when I want to access the node-red dashboard by changing "/dashboard" to "/proxy" I don't get any node-red button to click, it jumps to "installation overview".

What am I doing wrongo?

VRMNode-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Teun Lassche avatar image
Teun Lassche answered ·

You are missing the trailing slash: /proxy/

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mrhappy avatar image
mrhappy answered ·

Oh, dang. Thank you!, that takes me to the node-red editor. But how do I access the dashboard? I do type in:

https://(my installation number)-nodered.proxyrelay3.victronenergy.com/ui

but I get "not authorized, the tunnel connection to the installation was lost, or the session expired, go back to VRM and retry."

I can access it locally via (raspi ip):1880/ui

Thank you for engaging my beginner questions :)

1 comment
2 |3000

mrhappy avatar image mrhappy commented ·
Ok. Got it working. Similar noob mistake as the missing trailing slash. I was reading the instructions too literally. My node-red connection goes to "proxyrelay1" and I copy-pasted the line from the instructions that had "proxyrelay3" instead, thinking I could use that with my installation number. Just adding "/ui" to my editor url did the trick.

Fantastic that you guys have enabled this, I now see massive possibilities opening to control and supervise my installation remotely. I assure you, you will sell more of your gear because of it :)

0 Likes 0 ·