question

rob-b avatar image
rob-b asked

Can i use a Phoenix multi 12/1600/70 for charching a lifepo4 ?

Phoenix multi 12/1600/70 for charching a lifepo4

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
kit avatar image
kit answered ·

Hi, I have the same issue.
I know I can adjust the charging mode to suit my LiFePO4.

My issue is that my older LiFePO4's BMS lacks temperature and over/under voltage protection. I am looking at adding a BP battery protector for the voltage cutoff.

BUT the BP switches can only handle current in one direction, meaning that as soon as the inverter kicked in it would be toast?

Is there anyway I can utilize the BP and my inverter at the same time? Maybe some other solution beside the BP that provides bi-directional under/over voltage cutoff?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rob-b avatar image
rob-b answered ·

Hoe can I adjust the charging mode ?

2 |3000

rob-b avatar image
rob-b answered ·

When i connect to my victron i get this message.

How canbi chance the setting to charge my liefop4 ?

2 |3000

Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hello @Rob_B
This unit has firmware 1806130 which means it is 13+ years old.
The support and configuration options for this unit are limited.

Did you try the older version of VEConfigure you can find at the bottom of the software download page: https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/software

Martijn

2 |3000

rob-b avatar image
rob-b answered ·

Hi Martijn,

Can i use this Phoenix multi for charching a lifepo4 without changing the configuratie nu vec onfiguration tool ?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic